Decommissioning Rules

SecureTrack lets you select rules that you want to decommission from the Policy Browser, and then create a SecureChange rule decommission request that includes the selected rules. You can either disable or remove the selected rules.

Rules that are active in another ticket (identified with the ticket icon in the Policy Browser) cannot be added to the ticket rules list. Each ticket must include rules from a single device only. To work with rules for multiple devices, create a separate ticket request for each device.

For supported devices, you can run SecureChange Designer and Verifier to provision the changes. If you configure revision authorization, you can see the changes in the authorized revisions in the Change browser. You cannot decommission shared or global rules.

Add to ticket is disabled if: the selected device is not licensed in SecureChange or is excluded from SecureChange; if there is no SecureChange user with the same username as the SecureTrack user; if you do not have access to the domain in SecureChange; or if SecureChange is not installed.

Prerequisites

• The SecureChange administrator must create a new workflow in SecureChange using the Rule Decommission field.

The workflow takes the Disable rules or Remove rules action from the Rule decommission request in SecureTrack.

• The user must exist with the same username in both SecureTrack and SecureChange.
  • The user must have Create change requests and view 'My Requests' tab permission in SecureChange. This permission is enabled by default for the Requester role.

How do I create a Rule Decommission ticket request?

1. In Policy Browser, search for, and select the desired rules.

Use the <CTRL> and <SHIFT> keys while clicking to select the multiple rules.

2. Click to add the selected rules to the ticket's list of rules.

This button is disabled if no rules are selected.

3. Click to review the selected rules.

The Selected Rules window is displayed.

4. Review the selected rules and select or fill in the required fields (Action, Ticket Name, Select WorkFlow).
  5. Select and remove rules that you do not want to include in the ticket request.
  6. Click to launch SecureChange and to submit the ticket request using the selected workflow and the list of rules.

The SecureChange ticket request appears in the My Requests window, using the workflow and rules that you selected.

Once you submit the ticket, the list of selected rules in SecureTrack is cleared.

7. Review the ticket request in SecureChange, and click .

How Do I Get Here?

To view the Policy Browser:

• In SecureTrack, click Home > Policy Browser.