Subject: Re: Pod::Html license
From: Tom Christiansen <[email-masked]>
To: Petr Šabata <[email-masked]>
Cc: Tom Christiansen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 21:22:10 -0600

Yes, it was supposed to be licensed just like the rest of Perl.

Sent from my Sprint phone

Petr Šabata <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Marc, Tom,
>
>I'm reviewing licensing of our perl package in Fedora and 
>noticed Pod::HTML and its pod2html script are licensed under
>the Artistic license (only).
>
>This is an issue for us as this license isn't considered free by
>FSF [0].  Unless the license of this core component changes, we
>will have to drop it from the tarball and remove support for it
>from all the modules we ship that use it, such as Module::Build
>or Module::Install.
>
>What I've seen in the past is authors originally claiming their
>module was released under Artistic while what they actually meant
>was the common `the same as perl itself', i.e. `GPL+/Aristic' [1],
>an FSF free license.  Is it possible this is also the case
>of Pod::Html?
>
>Thanks,
>Petr
>
>(also CC'ing Jitka, the primary package maintainer in Fedora)
>
>[0] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#ArtisticLicense
>[1] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#PerlLicense